Apply to be a Tour Leader
We are always on the look out for inspiring, enthusiastic tour leaders. The tour leader is not only handling the logistics of the tour but is the company’s ambassador.
Client satisfaction depends to a great extent to the tour leader’s performance. Are you an experienced hiker or tour guide, member of HFMC (Or equivalent)? Are you well organized, flexible, out-going, with a good sense of humor? Is dealing with people enjoyable for you?
Do you have excellent endurance and stamina? Are you detail oriented in the areas of budgets and reporting with strong problem solving skills?
If you are interested in a tour leading position and can meet the requirements below, please email your most current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide leadership for our travelers and be responsible for their well-being. Be able to handle all the logistics of a tour (transportation, local hotels, local associates).
Be able to lead a walking/hiking day tour which will be already tested by the company.
Continually increase your knowledge about the visited location in Greece, its culture, environment, hiking paths, activities, attractions etc.
Have detailed knowledge of hotels, sights, restaurants, transport, souvenirs, prices of the locations visited
Maintain a valid passport.
Act as a day-to-day guide, interpreter and manager of the group.
Deal directly with your traveler’s issues and concerns, ensuring that passenger satisfaction is effectively achieved.
Maintain the established travel itinerary as closely as possible, making changes only when necessary and not before contacting your manager.
Make reservations for accommodation, transportation and activities as required.
Assist and accompany travelers during optional activities and meals.
Advise travellers on suitable restaurants, additional transport requirements, purchase of souvenirs, etc.
Maintain daily expenditure accounts, retain receipts and keep expenses within the trip budget provided.
Provide a report for each trip, in the requested format and keep the Trip notes updated in the standardized format.
Train new Guides as required, passing on as much trip-related information as possible.
• University degree or College certificate preferred
• Minimum 2 years active in the field working either as a tour guide or a hiking guide.
• Able to walk up to 20KM a day, carry 4KG of emergency equipment and sustain altitudes of up to 3000 meters above sea level
• Excellent people skills.
• Awareness of and commitment to sustainable tourism.
• Resourceful, decisive and able to take action and resolve problems as they arise.
• Language skills ( fluent in English and knowledge of an additional language will be taken into consideration)
• Knowledge of regional and local area.
• First Aid/CPR Certification.
• Good knowledge of computer software (word excel and social network skills).